Professor Silvina Montrul has published yet another book, adding to a lengthy list of top-notch publications. Dr.
- Several of our amazing recent graduates and current students in Spanish and Portuguese have received highly prestigious awards
- As Head of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese, I would like to take this moment to express that as a community we stand against injustice, prejudice and in
- These YouTube Videos will give you a sense for the University of Illinois and the Champaign-Urbana micro-urban region.
- As the academic year 2019-20 comes to a close, Professor Mariselle Meléndez, Head of Spanish and Portuguese, created a video presentation to honor everyon
- Professor Eduardo Ledesma has been awarded a Unit for Criticism & Interpretive Theory Senior Fellowship for the years 2020-22, for hi
- LAS INSIDER features alumna and marine biologist
- Prof. Eduardo Ledesma Advocates for the Humanities in U.S. Congress with Illinois Delegation from IPRHIn early March, Professor Eduardo Ledesma and a delegation from the University of Illinois affiliated with the IPRH's Public Humanities Steering Committee were on Capitol Hill to a
- Despite the challenging times we are currently confronting, there are still some wonderful news to share about our alumni and undergraduate stud
- Heather Ana Hathaway Miranda, a 1995 Spanish alumna, has been selected as Director of the LAS Alumni Board Association
- Ander Beristain Murillo and Maria Arruti Iparraguirre awarded Timothy J. Rogers Memorial Summer FellowshipAnder Beristain Murillo (PhD Spanish Linguistics) and Maria Arruti Iparraguirre (PhD Spanish Lit-Cult), have been awarded the Department's Timothy J Rogers Memorial Summer Fello
- Two of our graduate students have received competitive Tinker Foundation Field Research Grants from the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies to conduct research in
- Associate Professor Eduardo Ledesma received an Honorable Mention for the 2020 IPRH Prize for Research in the Humanities for faculty research.
- Professor Cervantes, under his artistic name Vicente de Cervantes, will be debuting his new performance titled Hay muertos qu
- Associate Professor John Karam has been appointed Director of the Lemann Center for Brazilian Studies for a five-year term beginning August 16, 2020 and continuing until August 15, 2025.