The Department of Spanish and Portuguese accepts applications for the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Spanish, Spanish Literatures and Cultures Concentration
- Master of Arts in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics Concentration
- Master of Arts in Portuguese, Brazilian Studies Concentration
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish (concentration in Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education, SLATE)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish (concentration in Romance Linguistics)
Our application portal is open for applications to begin graduate study in Fall 2019. The preferential deadline is December 7, 2018 (applications will still be considered until February 5, 2019).
As an introduction to graduate study in the Department, please look at our Top 11 Reasons to Choose Illinois.
Can't find what you need? Contact the Director of Graduate Studies at