The Department of Spanish and Portuguese accepts applications for the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Spanish, Spanish Literatures and Cultures Concentration
- Master of Arts in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics Concentration
- Master of Arts in Portuguese
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish (concentration in Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education, SLATE)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spanish (concentration in Romance Linguistics)
Applications to the graduate programs in Spanish has closed for Fall 2018 admission (The Department still accepts applications to the MA in Portuguese until March 1). Our application portal will reopen in August 2018 for applications to begin graduate study in Fall 2019.
As an introduction to graduate study in the Department, please look at our Top 11 Reasons to Choose Illinois.
Can't find what you need? Contact the Director of Graduate Studies at