Professor Jill Jegerski has been awarded the Conrad Humanities Professorial Scholar award beginning in AY 2020-2021 and co
- Professor Silvina Montrul has published yet another book, adding to a lengthy list of top-notch publications. Dr.
- Several of our amazing recent graduates and current students in Spanish and Portuguese have received highly prestigious awards
- As Head of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese, I would like to take this moment to express that as a community we stand against injustice, prejudice and in
- Two of our PhD students, Ane Icardo Isasa and Teresa Greppi, have been recognized by the Illinois News Bureau for their campus-level teaching awards this year.
- PhD student Eider Etxebarria-Zuluaga (Spanish Linguistics) awarded NSF Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement AwardWe are thrilled to announce that PhD student Eider Etxebarria-Zuluaga (Spanish Linguistics) has been awarded the prestigious NSF Doctoral Dissertation
- These YouTube Videos will give you a sense for the University of Illinois and the Champaign-Urbana micro-urban region.
- As the academic year 2019-20 comes to a close, Professor Mariselle Meléndez, Head of Spanish and Portuguese, created a video presentation to honor everyon
- Our world-class researcher Professor Silvina Montrul has been awarded a highly prest
- Our graduate student in Literatures and Cultures Mónica Lugo (PhD Spanish) has accepted a position as Spanish Instructor
- Wonderful news for Spanish and Portuguese: Provost Andreas Cangellaris has recommended to Chancellor Robert Jones the promotion of Professor Irigoyen to
- Professor Eduardo Ledesma has been awarded a Unit for Criticism & Interpretive Theory Senior Fellowship for the years 2020-22, for hi
- This course will analyze dramatic texts from seventeenth-century Spain, paying especial attention to issues of racial, gender, and class identity, and how these themes can resonate to
- TAUGHT IN ENGLISH, Gen Ed for “Literature and the Arts” and “US Minority Cultures;" The aim of this course is to study the r
- Eider Etxebarria-Zuluaga recipient of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Darlene Wolf Fellowship.The Darlene Wolf Fellowship was established by an alumna of our department, Darlene Wolf, who earned her PhD in Spanish (SLATE) and specialized in second language reading research.