Our own Javier Irigoyen-García has been selected as an inaugural LAS Dean's Distinguished Professorial Scholar.
- The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP) has awarded Florencia Henshaw their Conference Attendee Travel Stipend award to attend the AATSP 2020 A
- Teresa Greppi and Cristina Mostacero win LAS Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching by Graduate Teaching AssistantsTeresa Greppi and Cristina Mostacero Pinilla have been recognized with the LAS Award for Excellence in Undergraduate T
- Congratulations to Professors Carolyn Fornoff and Vincent Cervantes for receiving Humanities Release Time Awards for AY 2020-21. Nicely done Carolyn and Vincent!
- Two faculty members have been recognized at the National Level by the MLA by winning their elections:
- Prof. Vincent Cervantes receives prestigious 2019 LEAP Award (Lincoln Excellence for Assistant Professors)Professor Vincent Cervantes has been named the recipient of the 2019 LEAP Award (Lincoln Excellence for Assistant Professo
- Florencia Henshaw has been named as a recipient of the 2019 LAS Academic Professional Award. The LAS Academic Professional Award honors academic
- Florencia Henshaw has been selected to be one of the six members of the Editorial Advisory Board for ACTFL's publication "The Language Educator."
- Did you know that the United States now has over 50 million Spanish-speakers, making it the second largest Spanish-speaking population in the world, after Mexico?
- Our undergraduate academic advisor for Spanish, Tasha Robles, has received the title promotion to Senior Academic Advisor. Congratulations Tasha!
- In this course, we will explore the construction of the image of Spain for foreign consumption from the turn of the twentieth Century to the present.
- This course will examine how both emigration and immigration have been portrayed in the Spanish literature and in others cultural manifestations since 1900 to the present.
- This course examines how the experiences of African slaves since their arrival with colonizing Spaniards to the Americas in the 16th century, culturally shaped what
- In this service-learning course, you will learn with and from local Latinx immigrants as you volunteer two hours each week with a local organization that serves