Prof. Vincent D.
- Prof. Joyce Tolliver has been selected as the recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award.
- In this course, we will engage with the diverse and unique ways writers and artists perform and tell stories about their Latinidad.
- This seminar focuses on the implications, possibilities, and failures of a Latin America “of sex” or rather a Latin America “with a sexuality.”
- The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese AATSP’s flagship research journal Hispania has selected Pilar Martínez-Quiroga’s article, “La
- Tasha Robles, who had recently been awarded the “University Advisor of the Year” award by the Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc., has been recognized as Advisor of the Year award by the Univ
- Prof. Vincent D.
- The Illinois Club has recognized the contributions of two students majoring in Spanish, Emily Boehm (BAT) and Math
- Tasha Robles has recently been awarded the “University Advisor of the Year” award by the Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha.
- Ann Abbott recently published a piece in the Chicago Tribune op-ed section.
- What do tangible objects such as textiles, silverwork, maps, books, jewelry, paintings, clothing, furniture, kitchen utensils, and food tell us about the history and c
- In this course, we will study representations of animals in Latin American culture and examine why writers and artists thought with animals to work through human questions of gender, race, an
- As one of the most divisive issues of our time, immigration has quickly become a major topic of focus in literature, film, and journalism.
- Learn about social entrepreneurship and non-profit programming that is linguistically and culturally appropriate—and gain pre-professional workplace experience.