- Historical Romance Linguistics
- Diachronic Syntax
- Medieval Latin
I investigate the historical development and the synchronic status of syntactic phenomena in Romance within a Minimalist framework. I am currently researching the licensing of null generic subjects in Spanish adjunct clauses and the grammaticalization of the reflexive pronoun SE as a Voice head from Latin to modern Romance.
- B.A.:Latin and Classics--University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- M.A.: Spanish and French Language and Literature--University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Distinctions / Awards
- Newberry Library Travel Grant
- UIUC List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent (Spring/Fall 2013, Spring/Fall 2014, Spring 2015)
- Medieval Studies Graduate Student Scholarship for Research and Travel
- Conference Travel Grant, UIUC Graduate College and Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- Spanish 122-Intensive Elementary Spanish
- Spanish 141-Introduction to Spanish Grammar
- Spanish 204-Practical Review of Spanish
- Spanish 228-Spanish Composition
- Spanish 252-Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics