Chase Hardin Krebs
I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and I have been interested in foreign languages for as long as I can remember. In my spare time I enjoy studying meteorology, traveling, and writing fiction. I am currently working toward my Ph.D. in Spanish Linguistics / SLATE (Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education).
- Second/Third Language Acquisition
- Event-Related Potential (ERP) Methods for Second/Third Language Acquisition
- Instructed Second/Third Language Acquisition
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Mobile Language-Learning Technologies
As an academic, I have two main objectives: (1) to produce quality research that furthers our understanding of how a second or third language is acquired, and (2) to utilize these empirical findings to improve second and third language pedagogy. I am particularly interested in the use of technology in the language classroom.
- B.A., Foreign Languages and Literatures (Spanish Concentration), University of South Alabama, 2012
- M.A., Spanish Linguistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014
- SPAN 122: Intensive Elementary Spanish
- SPAN 141: Introduction to Spanish Grammar
- SPAN 142: Spanish in the Professions
- SPAN 204: Practical Review of Spanish
- SPAN 252: Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics